Sunday 5 September 2010

Back to work

Had a lovely weekend away and now I'm back I'm really going to get down to some serious 'work'.   Of course that means some playing about with textiles.   I've got so many ideas buzzing round my brain that I'm not sure where to start.    I went to a craft fair at Liverpool Cricket Club this afternoon, and sold some cards and felt brooches.   As usual, I met some really interesting people and saw some lovely work - it's very difficult not to buy other people's creations but I try very hard to resist.  

I need to replenish my stock of brooches before next week's visit to the craft fair at the Chapel Gallery in Ormskirk - a new venue for me and, I hope, a successful one.   I'm also working myself up to producing some Christmas cards (yes already!) and have already made covers for some 2011 diaries.    I'm pleased with the diaries they are really attractive.   

The 'treasure' bag I made a few weeks ago was admired by quite a few people today and, although it didn't sell, I'm thinking of making some more - this time with handles so that it may be used as an evening bag.    When I learn to do so, I'll post a photo of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment