Saturday 9 November 2013

Finished!!!




At last, I’ve finished picking over all the alpaca fleece which I was given.   I said at the start that picking the fleece was quite therapeutic, and so it was, sitting in the garden in the sun.   It begins to pall a bit when you’re in the garden shed, it’s raining, and you’re wearing all the clothes you can lay hands to.   However, it’s done now and only needs to be carded (only?) before I can begin spinning it into yarn.  I can’t wait until I’ve knitted or woven it into something lovely.    

 
I’ve been quite busy and productive this week, two whole afternoons felting which was very self-indulgent.   As well as  two lovely ruffles with brooch fastenings, I've completed  four really Autumnal maple leaf brooches and a piece of flat felt which will probably end up as book covers - I actually liked it better before it was felted but I'll do some stitching on it and see what happens

 
 









 I’ve also started weaving - Liz and I warped the loom ages ago and I’ve been waiting for inspiration before I started.   I try to do a couple of inches in the evening and it is coming along quite nicely.  I’ll tell you what it is if it’s successful, and  if not,  it will be another beautiful scarf.

detail of weaving
detail of weaving










Last weekend, we went to a Fair at Scorton, always a treat to go there – very lively.   We met up again with Silvana http://www.jewellerybysilvana.co.uk/ and the ladies from Knott End Quilters who make a wonderful array of quilts, bags etc. which they sell to raise funds for Trinity Hospice.   Their stall is always busy, deservedly so.   We also met, for the first time, Shelley from Preesall Preserves http://www.preesallpreserves.co.uk/ who make a variety of unusual and interesting preserves – they seemed to be very popular as well.

Tomorrow we’re off to Inglenook Farm http://www.inglenook-farm.co.uk/text-artisan-market-page-2454.html so we’re hoping the weather will be kind and there’ll be lots of people – it’s usually very busy.  There’ll be lots of food, crafts, gifts, music and all sorts of interesting things to look at and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment