Wednesday 4 December 2013

Whoosh, where did November go?



Whoosh, where did November go?

All that time spent getting clothes listed on E-bay was wasted really, I sold four items for a total profit of £6.76 and that’s before the Ebay and Paypal fees – not a very good use of my time – I should have just taken them  to the Charity Shop.

On Saturday, 23rd, we went off to our regular Calidad Event in Lark Lane, it was, as usual, a happy occasion and all seemed to enjoy the day.   My woven waistcoat went down very well, lots of interest and compliments – I’ll definitely be making some more of them.   In fact, I’ve started to warp up the loom already.   Previously, Liz and I had done it together, but I decided that I should  make an attempt on my own.    Mistake!   After 3 hours, one afternoon, I took it all out and started again.   The next day, I more or less repeated the process.   By now I was getting to the point where it had become a challenge!   I was determined to do it and, eventually, I did.    However, there wasn’t enough warping thread to make a waistcoat so I’ve had to settle for a scarf, and the realisation that I need help next time.

The glittery scarf I mentioned in my last post sold on its first outing at the Mansion House, St. Helens on the Sunday.   It was quite a busy weekend, followed by another busy week involving both Photography Clubs we’re members of.   I managed to make a few new felt notebook covers and 12 pairs of earrings!

Last weekend saw us at the Chapel Gallery, Ormskirk, for their two day event which coincided with the switching on of the Christmas light in the town.    Friday was quiet until late afternoon and then, in the evening it really got quite busy with families who had been to see the ‘switch on’.   During the quiet time, I started to knit a pair of wrist warmers – I’m hoping to get them finished soon. Saturday was another good day, cards sold well as did brooches and so I spent the evening reprinting ready for St. Georges Hall next weekend.   On Sunday, we went with some of our family to see Fascinating Aida at the Philharmonic Hall, what a brilliant trio they are, we were sore with laughing, a really good end to a busy weekend.

We’re really looking forward to the Winter Arts Market at St. George’s Hall on Saturday and Sunday, it’s the highlight of our Craft Fair Year – it is such a lovely building, the organisation is great and there are so many stalls selling such a variety of crafts – the whole atmosphere is ‘buzzing’.   In anticipation, I’ve made some new brooches, a felt bowl and four lovely poppy corsages which just need the brooch pins adding – if I don’t sell them, I’ll post photos next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment