Wednesday 3 December 2014

Marking Time


It seems we have been marking time for a little while and now the march is on to Christmas.    The annual fair at Ullet Road Presbyterian Church took place on 18th and, as usual, we enjoyed being in their lovely building.   There seemed to be a lot of fairs on locally that day so there weren’t as many people abut  as usual but we still had a good time and sold quite a few photos as well as some other things. 
   

Of the  two felt pieces I showed in my last post, one has actually been made into two book covers.   Having stitched into the other one, I couldn’t bring myself to cut into it and it’s going to have to join the other piece which I can’t put the scissors to.    I’m now looking for two suitably sized canvases to attach them to.










I’ve been weaving a ‘shrug’  - for myself this time – I really love it – the colours work really well and it’s easy to wear – not as formal as a jacket, not as’ mumsy’ as a cardigan but lovely and warm and cosy.


I’m still continuing with the efforts at reducing my ‘stash’ and so I keep making patchwork squares ready to assemble into a quilt (or two) when I get time.     I’ve also made a very classy glasses case, a textured white felt book cover, a pretty evening purse 
and several brooches with fabrics/felt which I’ve had hanging about for some little while.



We had a lovely afternoon out last week when we went to Chethams College of Music to see our grandson conduct his own composition in their Composers’ Concert.   The concert was excellent, and we were very proud grandparents.  
  



At the last  felting group meeting I learned yet another technique.   This time we made ‘stones’ – I’ve made one of mine into a pincushion – the stone has been removed from inside and it has been stuffed with fleece.   I love it.   I’ve got another one to finish yet – watch this space.  


A couple of  weekends ago there was a Steam Punk weekend in Haworth and Liz and Bernie and I went along to have a look on Sunday.   It was a lovely day, bright but cold, and we spent most of the day walking round taking photos of all the amazing sights.   The costumes were so inventive and the people were all so good humoured and interesting.   Needless to say there were nearly as many photographers as Steam Punks.  We really enjoyed our day and indulged ourselves with  a bag of chips each  to warm us up.

No comments:

Post a Comment