Sunday 17 October 2010

Lovely wool

Well, the wool did arrive, lots of it, reds, greens and blues - where to start?Actually, it wasn't too hard to decide - I had been commissioned to make a red scarf so I got to work.   I'm really happy with the result - a longish (56" x 10") scarf in scarlet with touches of orange, green and burgundy and inclusions of silky yarn and scraps of silk and silk fibres.    I hope the lady who ordered it likes it.

Inspired by Sheila Smith's talk last week I also made a red felt bowl - I've not been too successful with bowls in the past, but this one is looking good - I'm embellishing it with some french knots - perhaps I'll have a photo of  it next time!   I think I'll try making some smaller ones too if I get time.  

Apart from making some more brooches by needle felting and re-felting some pieces  of pre-felt I had lurking in a bag of 'bits', I haven't done anything else creative this week - although, looking back, that's not a bad week's work, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment