Sunday 17 April 2011

I'm back again

Oh dear, the new me didn't last long - I haven't written anything new for weeks!   No real excuses - I have been busy and I have been out of the country for a few days visiting family - but I really should have posted something. I have been knitting furiously - scarves made from either Rico Can Can or Katia Ondas and Triana yarns - they are really different, and they feel absolutely gorgeous, soft and silky - they remind me of a feather boa!

I've also been printing some photos of the winter sunset at Crosby,  Merseyside, which I took ages ago, they make lovely cards.

On 2nd April, we went to Neston again, we enjoyed it very much - once again meeting interesting people.   I was even able to help one of the ladies manning the cafe with a knitting pattern which had got the better of her - I hope she's getting on with it o.k. now.

This week I've been taking advantage of the Spring weather and have been out taking photos of birds, flowers etc.   I should really have been doing the garden, but I've promised myself to get out there this week instead.   In a spare moment I'm making a summer tunic top for one of my granddaughters - I've cut a pattern off one she already has and its cut out and ready to sew.  I hope its a success - only time will tell!

On Saturday, we're going to the Old Police Station at Lark Lane, a favourite haunt of ours, it's Easter Saturday so I hope there'll be plenty of people in holiday mood - perhaps looking for the odd last minute Easter Present!   It's also St. Georges Day so I'll have to try to get myself a red rose (not a poppy!).

No comments:

Post a Comment