Sunday 21 August 2011

Spinning!

 I haven't posted a blog for a fortnight now and that's partly because I was away last weekend visiting our daughter.   I'm still trying to catch up with all the things I said I was going to do in the last blog.   I haven't been idle though - I've done a bit of gardening, continued with the bags, knitted a couple of scarves but no more archiving.   I really must continue with that this week - my hard-drive is getting clogged up with photos.

We went to a craft fair at Fir Tree Farm, this Saturday and, strangely, didn't sell very much - I only sold some  photo cards and a print, and poor old Liz didn't sell anything.   We had both been busy knitting some glittery cowls out of a yarn called 'Starlight'  - they're like necklaces and very attractive.  I'll post a photo of one or two, next blog.  I hope they might be popular as autumn comes in.  

Today, I've spent ages carding some wool from one of  Margaret Hunter's alpacas - it is very fine, almost like human hair.   I've had a go at spinning it - it's not easy - in fact, it's a bit frustrating at times.   Because it is quite short and silky it needs a lot of joining and that's one thing I haven't quite got the hang of yet.   Anyway, it is good experience and I hope to try knitting it once it's been washed again.

Plans for this week include backing up all the files on my computer, ugh!    Another routine, boring, necessary job.    I'm hoping, all being well, to make some more felt for book covers, make some more squares for the quilt and to finish at least one of the bags (if I'm successful, there'll be a picture of that next week as well).   

No comments:

Post a Comment