Wednesday 9 November 2011

Progress or is it?

Just a short blog this week.   We've been very busy getting ready for the Camera Club Exhibition.  We spent over 3 hours yesterday evening crawling around the floor surrounded by prints - putting titles on, sorting them into categories and deciding on the layout.  It's a job well done, it should make the actual mounting of the exhibition a bit easier.   There are over a hundred very varied prints and it should look really good.   We'll be there all Sunday, 19th,  and are quite looking forward to it. 

I've made great progress with the quilt,it's all sewn together and pressed ready to sandwich with the wadding and backing and do the actual quilting.   It looks absolutely exquisite (I think), so much so that I don't think I can bring myself to dye it - it's just beautiful as it is.    At present I think I will keep it as it is - I'll have a photo of it soon.

I've also been busy trying to build up my 'stock' - although I've only actually finished one scarf and a cowl and some Christmas cards!   I've made felt for some maple leaf brooches and a couple of diaries and they are in the final stages of completion so I should have them finished soon.     Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment