Friday 24 February 2012

Happy New Computer

Since I last posted, we have been to Holland visiting our daughter and her family so, once again, I have not been terribly productive.   I did buy some interesting wool and some space dyed cotton thread from a craft shop there – it’s always interesting to see different products. Also,  whilst we were there, our daughter  took us to the little town of Ootmarsum which has lots of artists and craftspeople.   I really enjoyed looking round the quaint town and particularly Annemiek Punt’s glass gallery and seeing the absolutely amazing work done by Ton Schulten, an artist whose paintings are really striking – the colours positively glow – they were so inspiring.   The museum there is filled with his paintings and some beautiful sculptures.   The visit has given me some ideas to try in felt and patchwork.  We’ll see.

Since I arrived home, my brilliant brother in law has delivered my new pc – all set up and ready to go – what a man!     It is a much more powerful machine than the last one, and far more up to date as regards Windows, Word  etc.    The only problem is that my brain’s processing power can’t quite keep up yet.   Everything seems to work differently, or be in a different location, so I’m feeling my way a bit.    When I get to know my way around it, I’ll be able to work on my photographs without the frustration of the screen freezing at regular intervals.     I’m expecting great things of it!

Today, I have arranged to have a table at the Spring Fair which will be held at Maghull Town Hall on Saturday, 3rd March, in aid of the Macmillan Nurses.   I hope it will be a really successful day for them, they do such invaluable work.
During the next few weeks, I am hoping to make some inroads into updating the website, printing some photographs from my New England trip, and generally catching up.   If there’s time I’m hoping try out some patchwork strip pictures – a new technique for me.   I’m debating whether to mount and frame them or to incorporate them as a front panel in a bag – perhaps I’ll do both?

At last I've got some of the long promised photos to post - the front of the white/cream quilt which is still waiting to be sandwiched and quilted, my first felt hat - still waiting for some embellishment and the two nuno felt sketchbook covers I made in the New Year.   Also, I'm posting a picture of the 'amazing technicolour dreamcoat' which was our Christmas present to one of our granddaughters.    


No comments:

Post a Comment