Thursday 10 October 2013

Christmas is coming


Frozen Loughrigg Tarn
So what have I been doing this week?   First, last Monday morning rush to get prints ready for my camera club’s competition night.  Didn’t fair terribly well, but there was some strong competition.   I thought my picture of a frozen Loughrigg Tarn deserved better but heigh ho!    On Tuesday,  we had a meeting at the other photography group I belong to discuss how our exhibition had gone and about arrangements for next year.   I can’t believe we’re making plans already for next September, but we are – so many days blocked off on next year’s calendar for labelling, mounting, framing, hanging etc.
 
I have, at last photographed the two Ruffles – I’ve decided that’s what I’ll call my frilly neckpieces -and made fastenings for them both.     I’ve also made some small felt brooches for a local shop – I’m going tomorrow to see whether the owner wants to stock them.   I had a little ‘heart’ attack the other day and made a selection of small cotton hearts decorated with buttons and ribbons – they make pretty decorations.   Today, I’ve made a prototype of a bag I’ve been thinking about for a few weeks – it’s quite successful and with a few tweaks it should be good to go.
We had our flu jabs at the weekend, so now I know Winter is looming and, what’s more, when we were waiting for the car to be serviced this Monday, we started our Christmas shopping!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment