Thursday 24 April 2014

Easter Holidays









I hope everyone has had a lovely Easter holiday – the weather here was beautiful on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.   In fact, on Friday, I spent a few hours in the garden carding some more alpaca fleece.   It takes ages – I will still be doing it this time next year.

 

As well as finishing a silk cushion and a bag for a mini ipad, I made a quirky bag for a friend to give as a gift – I was really pleased with it and so was she, she hasn’t delivered it to the recipient yet but I’m hoping she’ll be pleased too.   

Apart from the photography club’s Annual Award Evening and a concert at Chethams College of Music I haven’t really been anywhere exciting.   I’ve been trying to make progress with the tidying up I started weeks ago – that too is a very slow process.   It’s going to take months!   I have, so far, made 5 baby quilt fronts so I must have used up some of it but the pile doesn’t seem to have reduced at all.   How does that happen?  I’ve run out of wadding so I’ll have to go and buy some in the next week or so and get them backed, quilted and bound – watch this space.

I spent quite a lot of time, last week, arranging church flowers for the Easter Services.   It’s quite a big job and I’m a slow and very messy worker!   However, the results were quite pleasing and they still looked nice and fresh on Easter Sunday – I always worry that by the time they’re done and in place they’ll have wilted – it’s a toss up between having everything still in bud or past their best!  

No comments:

Post a Comment