Tuesday 11 November 2014

Start of the Christmas Fairs




November heralds the first of the Christmas Fair season!   At least I tell myself it's the start but really I think it started in October!   On Sunday, last, we went to one of our favourite venues, Scorton, in Lancashire.   It's a pretty little village with a vibrant community and we always get a great welcome there.    Unfortunately, for us, although there were lots of people, we didn't sell an awful lot - made up for by the fact that we met up again with old friends such as Michelle Clift, Independent Phoenix Trader,   who always seems to buy one of my notebooks - she didn't let me down this time either.  We had another fair in a large office building in  Liverpool on Thursday lunchtime - a great space, light and airy and quite busy.    This weekend we’re off to the Unitarian Church in Ullet Road, Liverpool – it’s a beautiful building and we always have a good day there.

glasses case
 During the week I've been completing a few ufo's - that's unfinished objects, - anyone who makes craft items always has lots of them lurking at the backs of cupboards, drawers and other dark spaces.  It's always good to complete them and move on to the next project.   Speaking of which, I've finished another woven scarf – cream and green this time.  A friend and I had a whole day, last week, with an experienced weaver who taught us the correct way to warp a loom – it looks so easy when an expert does it – I’m still stumbling along but at least now I know what I should be doing.


I’ve had a couple of sessions of  feltmaking this week too – it’s really self-indulgent - I love it.   I intend to stitch into both of them and then I hope to make book covers from them.







Liz and I had a little try at marbling recently, very successfully on paper but less so with fabric.   I think we are going to have to do some more experimenting although the results are still usable in patchwork - nothing gets wasted here!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment