Sunday 10 October 2010

Felt

It's been a bit of a busy week - I worked for two and a half days.   I had set aside Friday to do some felting with the wool I'd ordered last weekend.   Unfortunately, it didn't arrive - I know why now - I had entered the wrong credit card number!   What an idiot.  Instead ,I made some Christmas cards so the time wasn't wasted.

On Saturday, I went to Parbold Embroiderers Guiled to hear a talk by Sheila Smith (the author of Felt to Stitch and other books) it was inspirational.   She bought lots of samples of her work and passed them round so that everyone could have a good look at them.   They ranged from delicate silk chiffon nuno to sturdier 3D objects and all were exquisite.  She often embellishes the felt with stitch and beading.

I came home fired up and ready to go - hope the wool arrives this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment