Wednesday 6 October 2010

Where did September go?

Can't believe it's October already - September just whizzed by - it could be something to do with going back to work a couple of days a week!   

We went to Lark Lane on the last Saturday of the month and, unfortunately, there were not a lot of people about - it all seemed very quiet.  Those people who did come along were very interested in the new bags but nobody bought one - it's probably a bit too early to be thinking of party dresses and accessories yet.  I did sell a couple of photographic prints though which was nice.  There were some new stall holders there and we met a couple of old friends as well.

Since then, I have been making covers for A5 2011 diaries, (and also some smaller ones) which were much admired at the sale at the Floral Pavilion, New Brighton, last Saturday .   What a lovely venue!

Last week, I made some felt using Autumn colours - it reminded me so much of maple leaves (I love maple tees) that I cut it into leaf shapes, machine embroidered it and made it into brooches - I'm quite pleased with them.   See what you think!

I also experimented with making silk 'paper' - I'm not sure that I've quite got it right yet but I'm going to have another go - the colours and lustre of the silk are wonderful.     I've just ordered a selection of wool tops as I've been commissioned to make a long scarf like one I sold earlier in the year so I'm looking forward to making some more lovely felt.  All I need is time!

No comments:

Post a Comment