Sunday 23 October 2011

Jet lag gone!

Just a short post, this week.   Considering that I was expecting to be jet-lagged this week, I have made quite a bit of progress.   Nothing new, just 7 more patchwork squares.

This afternoon, I made a piece of felt to cover a diary – it was a bit of an experiment I wanted to make a ‘picture’ of poppies against a blue sky.   Using some red pre-felts which were offcuts of the poppy corsage, I cut out three poppy shapes and added them to a background of pale blue, white clouds and green vegetation– they look great – it’s drying in the airing cupboard as I write.
 
Sadly, our trip to Lark Lane, yesterday, was our last for this year, but we hope to be there again when the season starts again in 2012!   I took some Christmas table decorations, gold pine cones and Christmas cards – although there was plenty of interest, only a few cards and cones sold.  Perhaps it’s a bit early?   I’ll be taking them with me to St. Luke’s in Crosby on Saturday, 29th October, and to Scorton Village Hall, on Sunday 30th – another  busy weekend ahead but I’m looking forward to it.






No comments:

Post a Comment