Sunday 22 April 2012

Back to normal

At last, we're back to normal - or what passes for normal in this household!    The decorating is finished and everything is back in its place - well nearly.

There's been a  lot to do to prepare for the Camera Club's Annual Presentation tomorrow - trophies to be engraved, certificates to be printed etc. so that's kept me occupied for some time.  Liz and I didn't do particularly well this year, a 2nd and a three other awards for me and a 2nd and a couple of other awards for Liz.   We are spending more time on textiles and the web site than we are on photography - we must buck our ideas up!

However, at last, I've made some more progress with the baby quilt.   I've done some free machine embroidery on it and basted the batting onto it - next step is to put the back on and quilt it.   I've also been trying out a few new things - I've made a couple of  lightly padded kindle covers and an i-phone cover.  I've also completed a needle felted glasses case.   My latest experiment is an evening bag - it is dark blue silky fabric decorated with blue velvet and gold ribbon and metallic stitching and lined with another very pretty silky fabric.   It is really quite lovely.   I will be taking all these new items to Lark Lane on Saturday and, if they don't sell, I'll have some pictures of them soon, as well as a strip patchwork hanging which I'm rather proud of.   Today, as well as making a piece of felt for a book cover, I have prepared lots of book marks and I hope to get them sewn ready for sale too.

I had some good news on Wednesday from the gallery at Coffee Etc. in Parbold,  they had sold the faux chenille bag (I hadn't even taken a photo of it- Oops) and a picture made from felt and fabric with machine and hand embroidery.  

A busy weekend ahead.  We're really looking forward to going to Aitnree to the Craft Show there on Friday - I've got a list as long as my arm and that's only essentials.   We hope to get there at the start and will probably be there all day.  We've arranged to meet up with some of my old classmates from the City and Guilds course that we all did.

Saturday will see us at Lark Lane hoping for a good turnout.   It will be great to catch up with all the other 'crafters' who I haven't seen since before Christmas too.    On Sunday, I'll be going to a concert by Swingshift in Crosby with family so that will be a nice relaxing evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment