Friday 26 October 2012

Autumn

It’s a while since I posted because I’ve been away  on holiday to Paphos in Cyprus – the temperature was 32 degrees on a couple of days, so it was quite a culture shock to arrive back to distinctly autumnal weather.  Still, I’m not complaining, a week in the sun has, I hope, set me up for the winter.
Since I’ve been back, I seem to have been busy catching up.  Last Friday, I went to the felting group in Frodsham and made a felt handbag from purple and jade green merino - the colour combination works really well.   I haven’t quite finished it yet, I just need to put some beads on the flap and then I can photograph it.    
Liz has been away too so, on Sunday, I dragged my long-suffering husband to Burscough to the Fibre Fest which I think was part of Wool Week.   There were some interesting stalls there, dyeing, spinning, knitting etc.   I resisted the temptation to buy anything but a very kind lady gave me advice on dyeing wool with a particular brand of soft drink powder!   I think it comes from USA but there is a company on the net which supplies it and I have ordered some sachets so that I can experiment.
We have been accepted to display some of our items at the Best of Northern Art Exhibition at a Gallery in Times Square, Warrington (opposite Games Workshop) so, on Wedneday, Liz and I went to set up in time for the opening this Saturday.   It’s a lovely space, light and bright and the staff were so friendly and helpful – they deserve every success.   We’ve put lots of prints, scarves, bags, brooches and books there that I hope we haven’t left ourselves short for the 2 fairs we have this weekend.  I mean to get busy this afternoon and finish off the felt bag and the glasses case and pumpkin bowl I made yesterday afternoon.  I’m even going to try to make a couple of book covers as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment