Saturday 6 October 2012

Catching up


This week, because of all that terrible rain, we haven’t been able to get out much so I resolved to use the time when I would normally have been out walking, catching up with all the things I keep putting off!   It worked up to a point, I contacted all those people who I have been meaning to catch up with for ages, I tidied up a bit and I even made progress with the mountain of photographs which I have been attempting to put in  chronological order.   I’ve actually got as far as the 1990’s- they are in albums but not stuck in – I’ll get round to that eventually. 
 I also did some felting – I’ve been wanting to make a longish, winter scarf for ages and I decided, in all that gloomy weather, that a bright red one would be just the job – and it is.   I used 3 shades of red  and added small accents of green merino and decorated it with silk fibres and fabric, tulle, and yarn  and I’m really pleased with it.  It’s bright and warm looking and I'm sure it will make a lovely present for someone for Christmas. 
 
detail of red scarf
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Today, Liz and I have been to a craft fair in Southport – what a lovely day, and it seemed to bring people out to browse. 
Now I’m going to get on with downloading some of the photographs I took weeks ago when we were in Northumberland.
Here are some photos of the makeup pouches I made a couple of weeks ago

No comments:

Post a Comment