Saturday 5 January 2013

Happy New Year


A very Happy New Year to everyone.     Well, Christmas and New Year come and gone!    All that preparation and whoosh, it’s all over.    Despite the rising sense of panic I was eventually ready before Christmas Day and everyone who should have, had cards and presents (I think).   

We went away for a few days at New Year so I haven’t done much in the way of making things but I have had time to read some of the lovely books I was given.   If  I follow all the instructions and tips in them I should be on the way to getting some great results.   During our time away, I paid a brief visit to the Wool Clip, in Caldbeck, Cumbria, www.woolclip.com  where, as well as admiring the superb textile work, I had a lovely chat with Marion Woolcott who weaves beautiful scarves and who was very generous with her advice.    It was well worth the visit – I’ll certainly go again..

Once again, one of my New Year’s resolutions is to finish a project before I start the next one – I’ve not been very successful so far.    In fact, I’ve been  trying to decide where to start – shall I continue with the strip patchwork pictures I’ve started, or should I do some nuno felting, make some bags or do some machine embroidery.     Actually, I think the decision will be easy!   Today, my son-in-law lent Liz and I two looms – one large and one small.   We both remember weaving at school but neither of us have ever set up the warp before so, tomorrow we intend to see if we can set up the small one.   If we can, we intend to make a start on our first scarf – watch this space – it will be a steep learning curve!   I’m sure that we’ll get there eventually – and that, as usual, there will be lots of laughter mixed in with the curses.

No comments:

Post a Comment