Tuesday 15 January 2013

Inertia

As the title suggests I haven’t been very productive for the last 10 days – I don’t seem to be able to get going after the Christmas Holiday – all those New Year’s resolutions seem to have inhibited me. 
Eventually, after some more than a little trial and error, we set up the warp on the loom, only to find that the wool we’d used wasn’t really suitable.    Next attempt was far more successful but we didn’t try for a scarf this time, we settled for a much less ambition bookmark!    I started to weave it and one of my grandsons finished it – his weaving was miles better than mine, much tidier and even – how humbling.   We’ve now warped it again to make a scarf but I ‘m not sure my wool stock is sufficient to complete it so I won’t be able to start until I get some more.
The one thing I have done is to finish three strip patchwork pictures – I’m not sure how or if I’ll mount or frame them, so I can’t really say they’re complete, but I am quite happy with the results. They are, as you’d expect, made from pieced strips of fabric which are then free machine quilted with some additional hand embroidery.   Finally, some details and focal points are appliqued on – see the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment