Tuesday 21 May 2013

Was that Whit weekend?

Well, where did that week go?   I’m sure someone stole a couple of days because I certainly don’t have a lot to show for a whole week.  
On Thursday we went to a super concert by Maghull Wind Orchestra (https://www.facebook.com/#!/MaghullWindOrchestra?fref=ts) which was part of the celebration for the Frank Hornby Festival.    They really are improving each time we hear them so we’ll be going to see them again, next Monday, at Proms in the Park, Liverpool One.    We went to another concert on Saturday in Southport – Sefton Music Education Partnership put on a wonderful show in collaboration with members of the Halle Orchestra and some children from out of the area. It was  a really memorable evening – these young people are so talented and enthusiastic.
On Friday, the Queen Mary 2 came into the cruise terminal in Liverpool so, naturally, we went to see her – we actually went over to the Wirral so that we could photograph the ship against the backdrop of the Liver Buildings and the other wonderful waterfront buildings.   The light was dreadful and we were very lucky not to get a soaking but I’m hoping for a couple of half decent shots.   In the meantime, here is the only one which I’ve had chance to look at - I’ll post some more when I’ve sorted them out.
 
Because I’ve been sorting out my entries for a couple of photography competitions, I’ve haven’t done any weaving or spinning all week so I’m beginning to get withdrawal symptoms – let’s hope I can get back to it soon.   I did, however, go to a brilliant workshop given by Dianna Morrison, http://www.dianamorrisondesigns.co.uk/ who was so helpful and  generous with her expertise - her scarves are exquisite.  We used merino wool to make felt ‘bobbles’ on a chiffon scarf – a really exciting new technique for me.   I only made a sample, but I can’t wait until I have time to do the real thing – it might be a while though – lots of  other things I should do first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment