Sunday 5 May 2013

Spring?

Is it Spring at last?   It might be, the daffodils are out and it's beginning to feel a bit warmer.
 
At the end of last week,  I tried some nuno felting using some silk which I’d batiked for a project a couple of years ago.   The colours are lovely, purples, blues and turquoise – I thought it would make a lovely scarf.   Unfortunately, the sample  results were most unpromising and I’ve had to abandon that idea.   The silk has gone away again until inspiration strikes!
We went to Lark Lane on Saturday – it was great to meet up with old friends, and make some new ones.   It was a good day, quite a few people about and I sold a couple of prints and quite a few cards.   Liz sold some cards and had an order for some more, so she was well pleased.    While we were at Lark Lane, I picked up some picture frames which I’d ordered and so I’ve got some mount cutting (ugh!) and some framing to do.  I’ve had 3 textile pictures hanging about for months waiting for the right frames – no excuses now!    I’ve photographed the smallest of the three before I put it behind glass – it is much easier to get a good photo that way.    It’s made out of strips of fabric, velvet, cottons, organza, lace etc. which I’ve machine and hand- embroidered and finished off with some tiny beads.  

I’ve spent quite a bit of time this week carding some of the fleece I was given with the spinning wheel – it takes quite a while but I’m trying to do some each day and then spinning it in the evening.   When it’s all  spun and plyed I’m going to give it a really good wash and then dye it – I think I’ll probably dye it all the same colour – but I haven’t really decided yet.

We went to a new venue for a craft fair on yesterday – a garden centre in Tarleton – not a good day for us, there really wasn’t enough footfall.  Still, we met up with a few old friends and made a few new ones so the day wasn’t wasted.   Tomorrow we’re off to Scorton for their Bikes and Barrows festival – we always enjoy ourselves there so here’s hoping tomorrow’s no exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment