Thursday 25 April 2013

Moving On


We’re getting back onto a more even keel now so I have made some progress this week.
 
The workshop with Helen Melvin was very interesting – she showed us how she makes vessels (bowls, bags, vases, etc.) using fine layers of merino wool which she surface decorates with silk caps and silk chiffon, gauze, etc.  It’s amazing how many different items were made using the same basic method and materials –  there were probably about 2 dozen of us and everyone’s finished item  was totally different.   This is a photo of my bowl.
 
 
At the weekend, I spent some time making a collection of gift tags using all sorts of bits and pieces I had collected over the last couple of months.   Again, each one is totally different and I thought, in my innocence, that having used up so many scraps, I would have more room and a tidier workroom – dream on!
 
 
 
During the week I’ve also been working on some photographs – one’s already gone into a competition and a couple of others are nearly ready for printing – there’s a competition night at my camera club next week so perhaps I’ll enter one of them.
 
 
 
 
Finally, I made a felt picture of an Autumn scene which I then machine embroidered into and finished off with some hand embroidery.  It’s now mounted and framed and I’ll be taking it, with the bowl, to a craft fair at the weekend.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment