Wednesday 17 April 2013

Creativity curtailed


It’s been a busy 10 days – my husband was in hospital for a couple of days and so I wasn’t in the mood for anything creative.   Although he’s home now convalescing, our routine is disrupted and I haven’t really been able to settle down to anything too complex.  However, on the bright side, I haven’t been able to sit still either,  so a few UFO’s (that’s unfinished objects to the uninitiated) have found their way to completion (or nearly).   One of them was some batiked tissue which I’d been meaning to do something with for ages.   I made a background of some cotton, layered with strips of cream  silk, organza and other fabrics, free machine embroidered it in vague leaf shapes and then appliqued cut out leaves of tissue onto it.  I am fairly pleased with it and I plan to develop the ideas further in the fullness of time!    I have mounted it and put it in a frame but I think the frame needs a bit of a makeover so I’ll think about it a bit more before I put it up for sale.

I’ve been doing a bit practice on the spinning wheel and I think I’m getting the hang of it – I still need to get some further b advice from Kathy of  lazykate handspun yarn who actually taught me though.   I hope, as things settle down to get down work again and I’m hoping to go to a workshop on Friday with Helen Melvin – I’m really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment