Monday 1 April 2013

Happy Easter

Happy Easter
 
Well, it was a Happy Easter, I spent Friday morning arranging flowers for church and Saturday doing not a lot, other than putting a lot of items on my website.   On Sunday, after making up for the lost hour’s sleep, we went for a walk with family and then had a lovely, celebratory meal together.   











My brother returned my spinning wheel this week, he had taken it to see if he could make it a bit easier to treadle and to get rid of the ‘clunk’ – it now purrs like a Rolls Royce.  I hope I can do it justice.   I did have a bit of a practice one evening and the results weren’t half bad so, hopefully, I will start to improve.  
Because quite a lot of time was taken up with preparations for Easter flower arranging, etc. I haven’t done much creating except for some experiments making felt flowers.   The results look quite promising and I’m hoping to get them finished this week. 

















Today, I’ve had a lovely time, I’ve completed two more needle-felted book covers and felted a couple of experimental, large, really flamboyant flowers and made some large felt beads to form their centres.   Hopefully, if they are a success, I’ll have pictures of the finished items next time.  



No comments:

Post a Comment