Sunday 20 February 2011

Catching up at last


 
During the last week I haven't actually done much new work, but I have finished off a couple of items and, at last, photogaphed the felt bags I made before Christmas.     They are seamless and the flap is fastened with a press stud.   Both bags are approximately 7" wide and 6.5" deep and have a shoulder strap which is 35.5" long.  The colours are wonderful.
 










I've also finished off another nuno felted scarf.  The wool is felted onto a hand dyed shibori scarf  and I've decorated the pink wool with cream silk yarn.  The texture on the back of the scarf is very interesting too.
  



As well as the feting, I have made a brown fabric bag or purse - this time out of cotton/polycotton fabric.   It is decorated with couched yarns and machine embroidery.   It is fully lined in brown fabric  and has a long cord shoulder strap which allows it to be worn across the body.   I am very pleased with the results and think I'll probably make one or two more - the shape is quite novel.

detail of texture










I've done quite a lot of knitting as well, this week,  using some more of that novelty yarn, so I'll be photographing the scarves for the next blog - I must put them on the web site too.  
 


















No comments:

Post a Comment