Sunday 6 February 2011

Knitting

Since I last posted, I have been doing some knitting - just for a change.   When I went to the show at Harrogate before Christmas I saw some lovely, twirly, hand-knitted scarves.   I bought a pattern from the stall and I've used some wool that I already had to knit a pretty novelty scarf.   It is made from very fine wool in three colours, pink, blue and lavender - the result of mixing these is a sort of heather colour.    It is quite unusual and very easy to wear - I'm thinking of making another one.

As well as this one, I saw a friend with an attractive, ruffled scarf, in purple and cerise - she said it had been hand knitted.   I trawled the internet and  I spotted, as well as a possible match for that one,  a yarn which produced an  intriguing, almost frilly lacy knitted scarf.  I was lucky enough to find a shop locally which sold both these yarns and I knitted a scarf with the 'lacy' yarn and my sister knitted up the ruffled one - wow!  The results were really rewarding - here's a picture of mine.   It feels really soft and warm and drapes beautifully.




On Saturday, we went to a Craft Fair in Walton Vale.   It seems we're doomed there - this was our third time at this venue and each time the weather has been atrocious.   This time, it rained unremittingly all day - no-one in their right mind would have gone out if they hadn't been forced to.  Needless to say, there were not a lot of customers.    As usual, we met some interesting people and renewed acquaintance with some of the 'old' faces.    I sold a few Valentine's Day cards which I had made last week too.

Also this week, I completed a nuno felt scarf and experimented with a lattice work felt scarf which is quite funky.  I'll have them photographed by the time I write the next post.  In the meantime I'm experimenting some more with the embellishing machine I bought before Christmas - it certainly has possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment