Sunday 11 September 2011

Home again

I haven't posted for a couple of weeks, partly because I've been away for a few days.   I seem to be continually on holiday - it's got to stop!    Had a very enjoyable couple of days (except for the food poisoning) in Edinburgh. 

As promised in my last post, here are the photos of more treasure bags - I've actually completed all six now but haven't photographed the last two which a both in shades of purple.   I have taken the bags, some brooches and one or two other things to a new gallery which has opened at Coffee Etc. in Parbold.   It is newly opened and is a very pleasant place to go for a quiet cup of coffee and to browse through the lovely craft items and paintings exhibited.    It's not difficult to find, on the same side as the mill, a little bit nearer the railway - it is set back a little off the road so don't miss it.

My output since I last posted has been a bit sparse, but I've completed another 8 squares for the quilt and now I'm really struggling for fabric.   I'm going to have to bite the bullet and actually buy some - heigh ho!   

As well as that, I have completed another scarf and  have made a couple of pieces of felt which I intend to make more book covers with.  I  actually completed one earlier in the week and, before I could photograph it, I sold it.  

We went to a craft fair at the Chapel Gallery in Ormskirk, yesterday.   As usually, it was very well-organised and the space is light and airy.   Again, as usual, we met some old acquaintances and made a couple of new ones.   Liz and I both sold a scarf each and some photo cards.   All in all, we had a very pleasant day.

This week, I know I'm going to be very busy - a couple of meetings and social events.   Liz and I are also going to spend some time taking photos for a friend's website - I think it might be quite a learning curve - apart from our own website, neither of us are adept at product photography.   Here goes!

I wonder if, as well as all that, some gardening and the odd bit of washing, ironing, shopping, cooking etc,  I'll actually get some book covers made.  We'll see.

On Saturday next, 17th, we will be taking our wares to the Medieval Fair at St. Catherine's Abbey, Lydiate.   A new venture for us and, as it's outdoors, it would be wonderful if the weather would stay find for us.   Let's hope this awful wind has dropped by then or we'll spend the afternoon chasing our stock!

No comments:

Post a Comment