Sunday 18 September 2011

The Rain it raineth................

I've worked hard, this week, with not a lot to show for it.   I've been busy every evening what  with activities which have just started again after the summer, a photography club committee meeting and some product photography.

On Tuesday evening, Liz and I went to 'The Soap Corner' to take some photos of Margaret's products for her web site.  Despite the fact that we are total novices at product photography and, thanks to the loan of a light tent, we were really pleased with the results.   We worked hard for 3 or 4 hours but we had a really pleasant evening - lots of laughs.    I've now finished the post processing and the photos are all ready to deliver - I hope they'll be acceptable - I think they will.

Our photography club is planning an exhibition at the local town hall in November so we are expecting to have to put in quite a few hours towards getting that ready.  

I actually bought some more fabric for the quilt, this week, you wouldn't believe how difficult it was to find 100% cotton in white or cream - I could have had any amount of plain but I really needed patterned.  In the event I bought some white spotted cotton and have completed 8 more squares but I still could do with another, different fabric, so that I can have some variety in the squares.   The search continues!

I've made a couple of pieces of felt and one red bowl this week.  The felt is now covering 3 diaries -  I can't believe that 2012 diaries are available already.  In the same vein, Liz and I are starting to make Christmas table decorations - we've already sprayed some pine cones and various seed heads and now we just need some candles and some greenery.   We have to get started now or we'll never get them done in time.

The Medieval Fair at Lydiate Abbey proved to be beyond us.   We arrived in very threatening weather at about 10.30 to start unloading.    We had just unloaded the table and a couple of boxes when there was a torrential downpour.   Even the tent which had been erected couldn't completely shelter us from the driving rain.  By about 11.15 the rain had eased but the damp had begun to penetrate the boxes so, reluctantly, we decided not to risk getting everything spoiled and we decamped.   It cleared up later in the afternoon but, by that time if we'd stayed, all my things would have been ruined.   It was such a shame the weather was so bad - the organisers had worked really hard and everyone was very disappointed, not least us. 

The plan, for the coming week is to try to catch up with everything which was put on hold last week - gardening in particular, and to prepare for the Craft Fair at Lark Lane on Saturday and Wyresdale Country Park, near Scorton, on Sunday.   It's going to be a busy weekend, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment