Monday 25 March 2013

Snow joke


Snow joke!
What have I done since I last posted?    Apart from grouse about the weather, not a lot!     Because of the weather conditions, Saturday’s Craft Fair at Lark Lane was cancelled and so, unexpectedly, I had a whole day to be creative.   Some hopes, it just seemed to disappear in a puff of smoke.   I got some photos ready for a competition at the Camera Club and,  in the evening, we went to see our grandson playing percussion with a local Symphony orchestra.   A lovely concert, all Russian music with a Tchaikovskyi cello piece (Rococo Variations)  which was absolutely beautiful.  
Yesterday, we went to the Palm House in Sefton Park to hear our our daughter,son  in law and grandson playing  with Maghull Wind Orchestra.   Again a wonderful concert, they’re getting better and better  -I loved the selection from Les Miserables and the Percy French Londonderry Air.  Taking photos of the daffodils  was, unfortunately, out of the question – that easterly wind, even if I’d been brave enough to linger outside, scuppered any hopes of sharp pictures.

During the week,  I spent a lot of time finishing off ‘picking’ the fleece I was given, and I’ve actually started carding it now.   That’s going to take a long time, especially as I have a sore shoulder at the moment so I can only do it in sharp bursts with my left hand.    I found a little time, though, to make a couple of A5 needle-felted book covers.   I’m planning to make some more when I get time!

No comments:

Post a Comment