Saturday 16 March 2013

Relaxed and raring to go


Oh dear, it has been a long time since I posted anything – no excuses – I’ve been on a very relaxing, warm, self-indulgent holiday.   I came home on Wednesday evening and now it’s time to get down to work again.

I’d barely had time to unpack and get the washing on when I was off to Friday Felters @ Frodsham.   We will be hosting a visit from Wingham Wool on Saturday, 6th April and we decided to make a bunting banner to decorate the hall we’ll be using.   Each of us made a rectangular piece of brightly coloured felt with a letter on it and a piece of felt rope which we intend to join up so that we can spell ‘Friday Felters @ Frodsham’.    At the end of the morning we had finished the individual letters and the rope was well on its way to completion as you can see from my photo.  
I forgot to mention that, before we went away, I’d bought a spinning wheel on Ebay and, as it needed to be collected from a village near York, we spent a couple of days there.   On our last morning we visited the Quilt Museum there.     What a brilliant place – the quilts were stunning – some very old and a couple of exhibitions of contemporary work.   It was well worth a visit and I’d certainly go again – I came away feeling awed and inspired to get quilting again– I need more time!

As for the spinning wheel, it is, for the moment, residing in my lounge.   The couple we bought it from kindly gave me a bag full of raw fleece – it had been cleaned so I have been picking it over prior to carding it.    I have had a little go at spinning it and, although I’m anything but proficient, the results are very promising.   I’ll need lots of practice though.

Immediately before I jetted off, Liz and I were at a very successful Craft Fair in Formby.   As well as some cards and a couple of sketchbooks, I sold the lovely nuno scarf in rusty colours and my last ‘treasure bag’.  I need to get making some more ‘stuff’ before we go to the fair at the Old Police Station, Lark Lane, Liverpool, on 23rd March.   I’m quite looking forward to that – the daffodils should be out in Sefton Park by then and I’m hoping that we’ll get some photos of them on the way there.

No comments:

Post a Comment