Tuesday 28 August 2012

Last Bank Holiday until Christmas


True to form, the Bank Holiday weekend was another damp squib!   Lark Lane on Saturday wasn’t too bad weatherwise but it wasn’t very busy – I think everyone had gone to the Matthew Street Festival.  

On Sunday, we braved the threatening sky and, with our husbands, we went into Ormskirk to see the Motorfest.   In the event, the weather stayed fine and was actually quite warm so we stayed quite a while, looking at all the veteran, vintage and classic cars.     Liz and I took numerous photos but it was difficult to get clear shots of the cars because there were such  crowds of people there.   I’m, hoping that I might have some half decent shots of the cars when they actually drove round the one-way system – but I haven’t downloaded them yet.   However, I have downloaded some shots from the flower show and the camera club’s outing to Southport  and there are some promising shots there.  

On Bank Holiday Monday, the four of us were going to go to Matthew Street Festival but it absolutely poured down all day, so I spent my time putting some new products onto my website.   It took forever – Liz is the expert , she seems to whiz through but I thought it was time I got into it a bit more – I suppose I’ll get quicker in time.    I still need Liz to check for any howlers though!

I can’t believe that, next week, the children go back to school – I’ll miss Adam, my grandson, who has spent quite a lot of time with us this holiday, but it will make me get back into some sort of routine again and down to a bit of serious work – that’s if I don’t get distracted by the Paralympics!
Felt brooch

No comments:

Post a Comment