Wednesday 15 August 2012

Lazy bones


I have been a real lazy bones for the last ten days.   The Olympics were partly to blame – I’ve run every race, jumped every jump, thrown every missile, swum, paddled , sailed and cycled, to name but a few disciplines – I’m exhausted!    I compounded my laziness by going to Old Trafford to watch a day’s cricket at the weekend and I shall be skiving off to the Flower Show at Southport towards the end of the week as well, so not a lot achieved this week either.

A few weeks ago,  I helped one of my grandsons to make a couple of pieces of felt which I promised to make into a pencil case for him for when he starts secondary school – this week, finally, I put it together and put a zip in it – it looks super - I should have taken a photograph of it before he took it home.

I also did some nuno felt samples – I was checking which of my stash of fabrics might be suitable for the technique before I embark on any larger scale projects.    One of the samples, made using purple and  black merino on mauve chiffon, I have used to make a pretty anemone brooch with a  beaded centre.

As well as having a mammoth sort out of a drawer full of old photographs, I intend to try to make some sense of lots of clutter in my ‘workroom’ this coming week.   Wish me luck – I’ll need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment