Tuesday 6 August 2013

Recuperation

It took me best part of a couple of days to recover from the Summer Arts Market, by the time I’d reprinted cards, prints, updated the website and generally tidied up it was Wednesday.    I spent a lot of time looking for accommodation in Glasgow – we’re going up there for a couple of days with some friends in September.   As a fan of all things Mackintosh, I’ve always wanted to go up there – we’ve passed through but never stopped before.

On Friday, we dipped our toes into Pinterest – I’ve set up three boards so far with photographs http://pinterest.com/jillledwidge

On Saturday,  Liz and I went to a craft fair at ‘The Florrie’  (the Florence Institute for Boys) Florence hall which is an old building in Toxteth which has been sympathetically restored and is quite beautiful. 

Today, saw me dyeing the bag which I knitted with the yarn spun from the fleece I got when I bought my spinning wheel.   I had felted the bag in the washing machine previously but thought I might like it coloured rather than white.   There is an old microwave in the garden shed which I use for dyeing so, as it was a warm, fine afternoon I took the bag and a silk scarf out there.   Needless to say, as soon as I was outside the rain teemed down but I could shut the door and put the light on.    Although the door has a padlock, it also has 2 little catches on the outside to prevent it blowing in the wind.    As the door shut, it must have disturbed one of the catches and locked me in!    My husband knew I was busy so he wouldn’t have missed me until teatime and I hadn’t got my phone and nobody would hear me if I yelled all day.   If it had been the bottom catch, I could probably have kicked it off, but it was the top one and I couldn’t apply enough force to break it off.    Eventually, I found a weeding tool with a hooked blade which I could wangle through the tiny gap between door and frame and, with a little bit of manipulation and a few prayers, I managed to flick the catch off.   Add to that, the fact that I’m disappointed in the colour of the items and, all in all,  not a successful afternoon.
I’m hoping for a more successful evening reprinting cards and mounting some photos – I need to keep on top of everything to get ready for our next busy weekend 24th/25th August when we will be at Calidad Events Art and Craft Market and Chapel Gallery, Ormskirk, respectively .   If you’re visiting Ormskirk Motorfest  pop in and say ‘hello’.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment