Tuesday 20 August 2013

Southport Flower Show






Southport Flower Show Another busy week with quite a lot to fit in. The patchwork quilt (single bed size) was completed and looks very nice – I hope someone will like it enough to buy it.





Winning entry
On Thursday, we went to Southport Flower Show where I was presented with an award by Professor Stefan Buczacki. I won first place in the Plant Portrait Section of the Stefan Buczacki Photography Competition. I also had two prints commended – another Plant Portrait and one in the Garden Wildlife Section. It was lovely to see the excellent entries displayed in the Grand Floral Marquee and I was very proud to be one of the winners. On Friday, Liz and I and our husbands actually went to the Flower Show again for the whole day – we go every year and take a picnic. It was a beautiful day this year and it was great to be able to eat sitting on the
 grass rather than huddling under the cover of the bowling pavilion!
Thank goodness we didn’t choose to go on Saturday, the weather was atrocious.












On Monday, the weather was lovely again and we went blackberrying locally. There were plenty of them ripe and we actually got about 6lbs so that meant that I had to make jam – lovely. I think we’ll probably go again next week but I’ll need to beg, borrow or steal some jars before then. Meanwhile I’m still putting photos on my boards on pinterest http://pinterest.com/jillledwidge and I’m still pressing on with the felt pictures and two more are nearing completion.
 
 
 
 
In the meantime, I have made a really bright, summery tote bag – it’s lined with pretty pink gingham and has a pink button closure on the flap – I think it’s rather fun. Finally, I have spent time weeding today – ugh! When I was completely exhausted, I treated myself to a long sit in the sun – I didn’t sit idly though, I picked over some more alpaca fleece ready to card it when I get the chance. Actually, it’s quite therapeutic – very relaxing (the warm sunshine helped!)



There’s a busy weekend ahead – Saturday at Lark Lane with Calidad Events https://www.facebook.com/CalidadEventsArtandCraftFairs and then, on Sunday, at the Chapel Gallery, Ormskirk, where they’re running a Craft and Vintage Fair to coincide with the Ormskirk Motorfest http://www.ormskirkmotorfest.com/. It would be lovely if some of our friends dropped in to either venue to see us.

No comments:

Post a Comment