Sunday 1 July 2012

The great outdoors

 





Since I last posted, a fortnight ago, I have been, as usual, very busy.   I finished the black velvet bag and sent off its photo to the lady who commissioned it.  




 
The prototype iPhone case which I finished did fit Liz's phone so I completed a few more as well as two or three kindle cases.  All these went to Lark Lane with us on Saturday 23rd.    One lady, who bought a felt covered sketchbook, would like an iPhone cover making in felt too, so I'll make that and take it with me in July
On Friday, 22nd, I went with two friends to Cockermouth to visit the 'Woolfest'  - an annual event which I've wanted to visit for some time.   It was a long journey and the road conditions were awful due to the torrential rain which never let up all day.   A nightmare for Annette who was driving - it must have been extremely stressful and tiring.    We all really enjoyed seeing the exhibits and trade stands, never have I seen such an array of sik and wool in such beautiful colours.   There were sheep, alpacca, goats and rabbits together with spinners, dyers, weavers, knitters and feltmakers by the dozen.   I came home with some wool and silk fibres and can't wait to get felting.

Last Friday, Liz and I went to the Craft Fair and Vintage Market in Ormskirk.   We were outside where the usual market is on Thursdays and Saturdays.   The weather could have been kinder and, I suppose, could have been worse.  As we were setting up, and in the early part of the day, it rained.   When it rains the water collects on the top of the covers in great pools and eventually has to come down - it came down in great quantity on top of Liz - three times!   By the afternoon, it had dried up,  but then we got a very strong, swirling wind and our time was spent chasing articles being blown away.   By the time we left, we were exhausted - we didn't know we had to take our own chairs so spent nearly 8 hours on our feet.   We'll know better next week when we're there again - I hope the weather's better.


Kindle case
My intention, during next week, is to make some more lavender bags, glasses cases and a couple of scarves - we'll see! 

Kindle case
Kindle casen





No comments:

Post a Comment