Sunday 22 July 2012

St. Davids

Since I last posted, I’ve been away on a long holiday – 12 days in all.   We went to  St. David’s in Pembrokeshire – a place we’ve been to many times and which we never tire of.   Despite the rain, we managed to get out on 8 of the days and actually managed the beach on some part of those 8 days – for this Summer I think that’s not at all bad.

Needless to say, I took knitting and embroidery with me so that I could be productive.   I did not do a thing!   I was seduced into playing silly card games such as Free Cell and Spider on the computer – what a timewaster and so addictive!    I have promised myself that I will only ever play when we’re away on holiday – otherwise nothing creative will ever happen again.  

I always come back from St. David’s fired up with all sorts of inspiration and ideas and, having looked in various galleries, this time was no exception.   In fact, one rainy afternoon, I tried my hand at watercolour painting – I used to paint quite a lot – but the results were crude in the extreme and I put the paints away again in disgust!   I think, when I’m fed up with textiles and photography, I’ll have another go.  It just goes to show that you’ve got to keep practising or lose your skill.

As for photography,  the light was generally pretty poor. so I took very few photographs and I haven’t downloaded them yet .  |I don’t think there’ll be anything spectacular – just some ‘snaps’.

Since we came home, apart from lots of washing, I haven’t done much at all.   I did go to a super concert by Maghull Wind Orchestra  on Saturday at the Metropolitan Cathedral  - both my daughter and grandson were playing.

 I am intending to make up for my laziness in the coming week, so perhaps I’ll have something to show in my next post.   We’ll be at Lark Lane on Saturday, catching up with everyone and hoping to sell some wares.




No comments:

Post a Comment