Sunday 29 July 2012

Southport Flower Show Competition

This week, I have been spending some time with my grandson so, although I’ve been doing ‘crafty’ things with him, I haven’t made an awful lot of textiles.   One thing I have done, however, is to make some textile brooches depicting beach huts  - I’ve made 3 so far and actually sold 2 already – I’ll be making some more of them!

Lark Lane yesterday was very quiet, I think everyone was on holiday.   Nevertheless,  it was, as usual a pleasant day, old acquaintances renewed and lots of laughing as well as exchanging ideas.   It was lovely that Tina Leahy,  who has been having a ’sabbatical’, popped in to see us.  
Today, we went to Scorton – what a lovely village.  It’s always enjoyable there, plenty of people – although, again, probably because it’s the summer holidays, not as many as usual.   Strangely, apart from photo cards which always sell, and a couple of other bits and pieces,  I sold 6 hand-painted silk bookmarks – I usually sell only one or two per event.

I got a lovely surprise this week – I’ve been awarded 2nd prize in Southport Flower Show’s the Stefan Buczacski Open Photography Competition.   I have to attend on the first day of the Flower Show to be presented with my certificate and cheque – I haven’t a clue how much the prize is worth and I don’t much care – I’m just so delighted!  The photograph is a portrait of an iris from my garden.  


No comments:

Post a Comment