Sunday 31 July 2011

Experimental felt

Despite all the good intentions, very little has actually been done - the garden is still in the same state as it was last week.   I have spent a lot of time trying to archive photos from last year - I need to make some room on my hard drive.   It takes ages to keyword them all, burn them to dvd and then put them in the database.    I am making slow progress though and I'll try to continue the good work next week.   It's one of those jobs which gets put off because it's not as exciting making a new print.

I did continue with the felt for the book/diary covers.  I first made 4 pieces of pre-felt and then cut out identical shapes from each piece.   Then I fitted the pieces from one piece into another piece - a bit like a jigsaw, added some strips of fabric or yarn and a little more merino and felted them together.   I think it's called inlay - and it was very successful.   I now have four interesting pieces of felt, two of which I've actually made into book covers  - and, of the other two,  one has had beads added.   I'm hoping to finish them all off, this week.

Today, we went for a walk in the lake district - just low level around Grasmere and Rydal, it was very pleasant and I took a few photographs although the light wasn't great.

Next weekend is  going to be very busy - as well being in the craft marquee at Knowsley Flower Show, Court Hey, on Sunday, we are going to be selling our wares on  Saturday at Bickerstock Music Festival.   It will be the first time I've been to a music festival and, although not exactly Glastonbury, it will, I'm sure be quite an experience - I hope we won't need our wellies.  


No comments:

Post a Comment