Sunday 3 July 2011

July already

Well, at least July seems to have started well – lovely weather for the last few days.   As predicted, it has not been a very productive week – I only managed to make some felt poppies and a few notelets and I haven’t even looked at my photos of Norway – I’m hoping to download the remainder this evening and then I’ll have a closer look at them all.

Had a really good day on Saturday though, we went to the Adult Education College in Lancaster.   The staff are  really friendly and helpful and the venue itself is light and airy.   In fact,  the whole experience is a very pleasant one,  we love going there.  I think, because of the really good weather, there weren’t as many people as usual but we had lots of  interest in what we were selling and some lovely compliments.   The scarves sold well, as usual, as did the brooches and cards.  I also sold a print of the Mersey Ferry with the Ark Royal in the background – that is, I believe, now on its way to America.   Liz got an order for a scarf which she actually started on Saturday evening.    We’ve had to order more wool again.

In the coming week, I’m hoping to make up for lost time and get sewing some more organza brooches, felt brooches and who knows what else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment