Sunday 10 July 2011

Not much progress

Oh dear, again,  not much to show for this week - although I did do a few bits and pieces like downloading the remaining Norway photos.  I have actually deleted a lot of them because they were blurred,  as I expected owing to the problems with my lens.    Actually, I did, eventually, bite the bullet and buy a new lens - a 15 - 135mm one.     It was only when it arrived that I realised that it has a larger diameter than the one it replaced and so I had to buy a new lens hood, filter holder, uv filter and a circular polarising filter - I should have thought of that!    However, it should be a bit more robust than the last one and I'm expecting great things of it!    I'm going to spend some time trying it out in the next few weeks.   Watch this space.

I did manage to go to my textile group this week and made a few pieces of pre felt which I'm intending to use to make some book/diary covers - it won't be long before 2012 diaries are out - what a depressing thought.

On Saturday, Liz and I went to Halsall School Carnival.  It was not a very promising day to start with but it turned out quite pleasant - the threatened rain didn't materialise.   There was a small craft marquee and we spent a pleasant day there - the organisers were so friendly and helpful and we met up again with Margaret from the Soap Corner in Halsall.   I sold a lovely trellis scarf  - one which took so long to make, I vowed I would never make another one!   Apart from that, I sold some cards, brooches and some little felt badges which children like.     

I'm trying out a new pattern for a knitted necklace at the moment - it's not been a great success so far but I'll persevere and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment