Friday 6 May 2011

Back to work

Once again, I've been off on holiday - aren't I lucky.   We went to Scotland for a long weekend and managed to combine it with a visit to a textile artist whose workshop I attended a couple of years ago.    Her name is Maggie Ayres and she does some really wonderful mixed media canvases - I love the textures she creates with felt, silk, scrim and gesso.   Have a look at her website www.maggieayres.co.uk.   She now has a studio in Kirkcudbright along with several other artists.    There are lots of little studios in Kirkcudbright and we saw some very interesting and inspiring work.    The weather was very kind to us - lots of sun but quite windy and cool.   We visited the Dumfries and Galloway coast and a few houses and gardens.   We even saw the Ospreys at Threave Castle - that was exciting.


Tomorrow, we're off to Walton Vale for a Craft Fair at Longmoor Lane Methodist Church so I've been knitting scarves and I'll be taking them with me, together with the felt bookcovers I have at last photographed.





I still haven't worked on the photos from our trip to the Lakes on Easter Sunday .  I've been working on some earrings for a lady who bought a pendant from me at Lark Lane on Easter Saturday - they're all but finished now so, hopefully, this week, I'll have some time to go through them.

The resolution to finish things off before starting a new project bit the dust quite quickly!   I have embarked on making a cot quilt - I was inspired by a book called 'Quilting to Dye for' which advocates making the quilt first and then dying it - the results can be very interesting  - at least they are in the book!   I'm using different weight fabrics  in white and cream cotton, broderie anglaise, and other odds and ends - it is quite time consuming but I'm really enjoying it.  I'll have to buy some wadding and some fabric for the backing when I visit the craft show at Aintree Racecourse in a few weeks.   I've got quite a shopping list - if I buy everything on it I'll need a mortgage. 



No comments:

Post a Comment