Saturday 2 February 2013

New Venue


I can’t believe I’m writing a blog so soon after the last time – it must be because I’m rather pleased with myself.  I seem to have recovered some of my enthusiasm now that the cards are all done and stored in the loft.    
Although the weaving is still not finished, I’ve been busy finishing some other unfinished projects.   The patchwork hanging now has a hanging sleeve and cord and it’s ready to go.    My first inkjet print onto cotton was so successful that I have free machined over it and framed it - it’s a photo I took of the Runcorn bridge at sunset on a very still summer evening and I’ve manipulated it in Photoshsop. I’ll try to get a photo of it for next time – I should have done that before I put it behind glass!   That should be a challenge to see if I can manage to photograph it without distracting reflections – we’ll see! 
 
Onn Monday, Liz and I had an afternoon making felt.   We each made a flat piece of felt which we were very pleased with – mine is now a small notebook cover and Liz’s is still waiting to be made into something. With the small piece left over I’m going to make a cuff – I’ve already machine embroidered it and it just waiting to be beaded – perhaps this week?     It was great to get back to felt making after such a long time – I’ve had a sore shoulder so have been reluctant to aggravate it too much.  In fact, I enjoyed it so much that, after Liz’d gone home I made another piece which I love but I haven’t decided how to use it yet.

    


 
 
 
 
 
 
I must have had a sudden rush of blood to the head on Thursday because I actually bought some picture frames and, as well as the Runcorn picture, I mounted and framed 2 photographic prints and a small felt picture which I’d had waiting about unfinished for months.
Today, we’ve been, for the first time, to a new venue – Holy Trinity in Formby, for a Vintage and Craft Fair.  It was quite busy and we sold mostly photographic cards which is why this evening finds me reprinting.   We’ve booked to go there again on 2nd March when, hopefully, people will be looking for Mothers’ Day gifts.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment